Thursday, July 21, 2011

Number Balancer - Equivalent Forms For Little Learners!


So I have to say one of the coolest things I found at the I Teach K conference last week in Vegas was this nifty little math number balance!



For little learners it helps to see the connection between numbers... for example placing a weight at the six weighs the same as placing two threes or a five and a one.

As a teacher who not only was required to teach equivalent forms to kinders, but tested our kids on it, I have to say that if I had this tool I feel as if my kids actually may have got the concept!  All this for about twenty bucks!  I would have figured it to be much more because of the level of understanding it helps kids to have!

Even better is that there are all sorts of other things you can do with this product that help to support subtraction, multiplication, and division!   If you care to learn more I included the video.


This will be something I am sure to get (once I start getting paid again.)  =)  Let me know what you think!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment