Saturday, July 16, 2011

Gingerbread Man for Back To School!

If you do the Gingerbread Man to get your students acquainted with school, then this book is a must have!  It is almost exactly the same as what you do with your kids!  You start by making the boy, cooking the boy, and then he runs throughout the school!  I so plan on reading this book while walking around the school this year!  When I saw it I had to have it!

During this unit I do lots of gingerbread themed books and eventually the kids start reading them on their own!  I leave these books out all year and the kids always go back to them!

If you do this unit, I also have a really fun student book I made on TpT.  It is a story where you actually manipulate the gingerbread boy behind the green oven, between the blue river, and into the fox's stomach!  It takes a little prep to get the books ready, but the kids love this interactive book!

So Fun in First is having a Linky Party to see all the fun Back to School Activities they do!  So many fun ideas for little learners!  Be sure to stop by and see!

2 comments:

  1. I have got to buy this book!! Thanks for linking up.

    ❀Jodi
    Fun In First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding this book to my list of purchases! I haven't seen it before! Thanks for sharing!
    Cyndy
    Counting with Coffee

    ReplyDelete